- What is the position of ISO14001 standard in ISO14000 standard?
ISO14001 is the leading standard of ISO14000 series standards. The core of this standard is to specify the elements of the environmental management system , that is, to put forward normative requirements for the environmental management system. The environmental management system of all organizations must comply with the elements, provisions, and modes of this standard. From another point of view, in the environmental management system certification of the organization, its compliance should be measured by ISO14001.
The five parts of ISO14001 are related to other standards of ISO14000 series standards. For example, in the planning part, the analysis of the organization must be based on the life cycle assessment, and the planning should also take the environmental standards and environmental signs as the objectives. Therefore, the planning part is related to iso14040-60-20 and other standards.
For another example, the monitoring and corrective measures are also related to other ISO14000 standards, especially the audit and behavior evaluation can not be separated from the monitoring means and internal corrective measures. Another example: management review and environmental audit are inseparable. It can be said that the core of ISO14000 is ISO14001. A series of relevant judgments, audits, methods, definitions, and standards are derived from the establishment of the system. Therefore, ISO14001 is the leading standard in the core position of ISO14000.
- ISO14001 environmental management system standard mainly has the following characteristics:
(1) Emphasize the compliance of laws and regulations: ISO14001 standard requires that the top management of the organization implementing this standard must promise to comply with relevant environmental laws, regulations, and other requirements;
(2) Emphasis on pollution prevention: pollution prevention is the basic guiding ideology of ISO14001 standard, that is, we should first consider how to prevent and reduce pollution from the source, rather than end treatment;
(3) Emphasis on continuous improvement: ISO14001 does not provide absolute standards of conduct. Based on complying with laws and regulations, enterprises should compare themselves and make continuous improvement, that is, what they do today is better than what they did yesterday;
(4) Emphasize systematic and procedural management and necessary document support;
(5) Voluntary: ISO14001 standard is not a mandatory standard. Enterprises can choose whether to implement it according to their own needs;
(6) Certifiability: ISO14001 standard can be used as the basis for third-party audit and certification. Therefore, enterprises can obtain the third-party audit and certification certificate by establishing and implementing ISO14001 standard;
(7) Wide applicability: ISO14001 standard applies not only to enterprises but also to public institutions, commercial firms, government agencies, private institutions, and other organizations of any type.)
- Summarize the steps of establishing ISO14001 system, including the following steps
(1) Leadership decision making and preparation
(2) Initial environmental review
(3) System planning and design
(4) Preparation of environmental management system documents
(5) System operation
(6) Internal audit and management review
Most of China’s luggage manufacturers follow ISO14001 environmental management system certification.